Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Asking for advice on a product purchased elsewhere

Customer: (on the phone) Hello, i bought
sugarpaste/fondant but I don't seem to be able to get it right.  It cracks when I put it on the cake.

Me: Oh did you purchase the product from our store? Is it our brand?

Customer: No. I bought it from "xyz".

Me: !!!!!! Well I don't know what is the problem. Try calling the other store and ask them why. 


Food for thought:  What was this customer thinking? Why would you call a store to ask for help and technical advice on a product you bought from a different shop? 

The nerve of some people is beyond me 

What would you have done? 

2 comments:

  1. I believe this type of incident happens across all industries, everywhere - and will always give us a jolly good laugh! Thanks for sharing :) Alix

    ReplyDelete
  2. LLolol well probably he thought ... Actually he didnt think ..

    ReplyDelete